I took just over two weeks off from work to do absolutely nothing. Pretty much. And I wanted to do that nothing on the other side of the world (more on how I’ve decided not to do that again in a later post).
My itinerary was a little nuts:
- NC to California (6-hr flight)
- 2 unexpected days in San Francisco
- 2 days in Sydney, NSW, Australia (15-hr flight from CA)
- 3 days in Cairns, QLD, Australia (3-hr flight from Sydney)
- 5 days in Auckland, New Zealand (4-hr flight from Cairns)
- 3 more days in Sydney (4-hr flight from Auckland)
- 1 day in Brisbane (1-hr flight from Sydney)
- 12 hours back to LA
- California back to NC (5-hr flight)
But it saved me from going insane, sitting in one place for too long.
The way my vacation was set up, I was almost a completely average, non-tourist in Sydney. The only thing I did there that I wouldn’t do at home was the hop on hop off bus (which kinda sucked) and caught the Aladdin Broadway musical which was aaaaawesome. Otherwise, I shopped, slept in late, people watched, walked the city (a LOT) and spent most of my days out floating between wifi hot spots.
So here are few highlight photos from my incredibly lazy days in Sydney. And a bit of snap, too. Whole photo album at the end:
PHOTOS OF THE CITY: